Friday, October 3, 2008

Sneeches

I don't want to rant. It appears I've done enough of that for a while. Life has offered me a slight reprieve today and I am more than grateful. Liz, Audrey and I had a great time this morning at the Memories warehouse sale (I fear it may have been an "I hate lm" day", but we would have taken you if you didn't have to work). It was fantastical! I haven't done much since getting home, but Brian is going golfing tonight so I have a little more time to get stuff done. I am eager to get downstairs and fondle all my new scrapbook stuff.
I just wanted to make a quick comment about diversity and the unique and admirable qualities my children have. As a whole, we have no stars on our bellies, but get by just fine :)

Here's a quick list:
Becka, you never fail to make me smile. Your slightly snarky outlook on life entertains. I love that you dance when you are happy. I love that you cry...often. I wish you were never sad, that being said, you wear your emotions on your face, happy, sad, tired, you embrace your emotions. I am glad you have such a great desire to learn. I love your factoids, words of the day, books and articles you give me to read.
Lizzy, I love that you consider me a good friend. You care so much about everyone around you. You are the peanut butter in our family sandwich, you hold us all together. If you had a star on your belly it would be covered in bling, but you don't need a star, you are sparkly all by yourself. You are a great mother, a wonderful daughter, and a good friend.
Scott, stop eating all my hidden food, I know it is you. I love seeing you grow up. Not just getting taller, getting more grown upish. You are silly and carefree. I love that we can have glorious "deep" conversations, or just laugh and be ninjas. You did get a tribute blog all to yourself, but I have lots of nice things to say about you. I am especially glad that you have found your happy place again.
Ryan, you will probably never read this, as you don't consider blogging a worthwhile pastime, but I'm going to go ahead and say nice things to you anyway. You have really made an effort to be less shy and I admire that. Your sign dancing job is hilarious. Your little OCD tendencies also make me laugh. One of your unique qualities is that you manage to look either deep in thought or extremely stressed out when you sleep. The rest of the world looks relaxed when they sleep, but not you, you look very intense.
Alex, you are just a silly goose. You have self esteem at your age, which from my recollection is pretty close to impossible. You have managed to realize that having a star on your belly is not the most important thing in the world, as a matter of fact it doesn't even make your list. You embrace the family dorkiness with a zest. Look up "panache", because you have lots. I love that you want to be as tall as me. I guess that just goes along with your confidence and self esteem.
Courtney...what to say...what to say...even though you are the caboose, you act as though you are the little engine that could. You are always driving me to be a better person, a better mom, and more organized. You keep our whole family train on the tracks. You take many of the great qualities of your older sibs and magnify them in yourself. You are caring and compassionate, super genius, a deep thinker (for sure), OCD (in a good way), and you know where your happy place is and go there on purpose. You will always achieve the greatest things in life because you are have such a strong drive.
So there you go, unique and fun, I love my family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a nice tribute to all of your kids. I enjoyed reading that!

Lovely Lizzy said...

Wahoo! I get a bling star. That was fantastical (shopping included, which I'm much more @ peace with my bill now that I'm at home. Can't wait to organize. I'm taking over the kitchen table during conference).
Back to the star thing, the bling might make me feel better about my tummy considering the massive amounts of stretch marks that cover it.
I needed this fun blog to. It reminds me of why we blog. And also how amazing our family is. I love us.
Anyway, off to bed so that when Aaliyah wakes up in a few hours I'm not frustrated.
Love you too. You're the best mom, and I can even get a sort of oursider to admit that. (Neil thinks that you are pretty fantastic too).
Thanks for everything mom :)

Becka said...

Oh man. My heart has cockles, and they've been warmed. Our family is pretty freaking fantastic! Sneech-erific really. (Also, I had an Amazon moment last night too, I finally got hold of a copy of Batman and some super cute shoes, boo ya!)

Becka said...

One more thing, I hope I told you on Sunday, but that veggie lasagna was tasty! I appreciate that you make me vegetarian treats, and just love that you are such a wonderful cook. All in all, you're a wonderful mom, and one of my favorite people to be around, I think you're funny.

Alex the Great said...

that is awesome! I love being the only person in school who isn't embarrassed of my parents, every body else is like "my parents are sooooo embarrassing!" and I sit there and think "My parents are both a little nutty but I don't care!" I love every one in our family(even if courtney and I bicker every once in a while) and I love you. You are the most amazing mom anyone can get(even my friends think your awesome!)LI don't need a star on my belly because I am a future ninja and ninjas can't have stars