Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Haircut face

I am not just a little un-photogenic, I can take a really bad picture. I have learned a few things over the years to improve things if I know the photo is being taken, but candid shots of me never turn out. If I know the camera is pointed at me there is about a 63% chance the picture will turn out, if I don't know then that drops to about 5%. My point here is that because it is so difficult to get a decent picture of me, Lizzy sacrificed and posted a picture of us where she had a funny look on her face because I didn't. We had just gone together to get our hair done and stopped at Sam's for dinner, because they have wifi in their cafe we decided to post a pic. Looking at the camera while taking the picture is apparently a bit of a challenge on the ipad (my "old" ipad doesn't have a camera, so I wouldn't know) and as I said, catching a good picture of me is challenging. She got me looking at the right spot, not tilting my head too far back, not moving my mouth funny etc etc and then posted the first pic that I looked ok in.
I think she looks beautiful as always, but the resulting pic has caused a whole new trend in our family snapshots: Trying to capture the "new haircut" face is the go-to pose. I must say I am completely entertained by this, and hope Lizzy is the same.
Here is the original pic:


And here are just a few attempts to mimic it, you can choose who you think best captures it!


I know I have more, and I'll post them when I find them. I have tried and failed to start photo trends, like having floral arrangements growing out of the top of your head, or looking stoned in every shot, or always talking when my photo is being taken, who knows why these didn't take off. I also spent a decent amount of time trying to convince myself that I am not that ugly in real life, I do own a mirror...but I am just one of those folks for whom stopping the action doesn't result in a pleasing picture. LM has collected an extensive collection of these baaaad photos, I think she is planning on pulling them out at my funeral so you will all laugh instead of crying. If she is planning on blackmailing me with them, that won't work because there are just too many out there to make that effective.
My Drivers License photo is a prime example of this, I hadn't gotten my braces off yet and was trying to smile without showing my teeth. The end result is a rather ridiculous smile, but it does hide my braces.
Lizzy is lovely in real life and in pictures!
Love ya sunshine!

An afterthought, I will try and get our wedding and trip photos posted soon...overwhelming the amount of cute pictures we took, lots to choose from!

2 comments:

Alissa King said...

You are seriously awesome.

Unknown said...

I think you both look beautiful!!!