Monday, December 15, 2008

try this!

Not much is blog worthy in my life these days. I would like to share one of my favorite recipes though. It tastes just like english toffee, but it only takes moments to make. Yummmmmmmmm Don't question it, just do it. I know it sounds funny, but it's the best stuff ever!

Cracker Toffee:
Line a greased cookie sheet with saltine crackers
Melt 1 cup (2 sticks) butter in a sauce pan. Add 1 cup of Brown sugar and bring it to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the crackers and spread it evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 4 minutes. While it is still hot, sprinkle 2 cups chocolate chips over the top. Spread melted chocolate with a spatula. Cool in fridge, freezer, or my favorite...outside, until the chocolate has set. Break into pieces.

I can seriously eat the whole cookie sheet of tasty deliciousness myself, it is that good.

If that isn't weird enough for you, try our other family favorite, equally as easy, with a delightful name too:

Elk Turds
In a saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups corn syrup, 1 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 cups peanut butter to a boil.
Put 12 cups of cocoa puffs in a large (duh) bowl. Pour heated sauce over the cocoa puffs and stir well. After mixture has cooled slightly, stir in 4 cups mini marshmallows. We eat them right out of the bowl, but you can press them into a 9x13 pan if you want...it takes a little of the "turd" look away to do it this way.

It was recently pointed out to me that elk turds aren't really round like this, and maybe I should change the name to like "mule deer turds", haven't really done the scat research to pick the right name, so for now, elk turds it is. enjoy!

1 comment:

Lovely Lizzy said...

I love both of those. Maybe I'll make the toffee for YW/YM tomorrow.