Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Sunshine


25 years! Wow! I was like...4 when I had you. A medical miracle to be sure. Miracle or not, it was a great day. You have been our ray of sunshine every day since you were born. I am so proud of you and everything you do. I have no doubt that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
I would apologize for all the mistakes we made raising you, but most of those mistakes worked to your benefit, so I figure we should call it even. You did lead the way for all the sibs to follow, and you are a great example to them. Thanks to you, the curfew was introduced into our home. Thanks to you, everyone has to buy their own car (and name it). Most of all, thanks to you for showing all the sibs the value of a good education.
Enjoy your day, and your wedding cake. For you, turning 25 means you can have your wedding cake without the bother of having a groom. Just for you, I am learning how to make tofurkey. It sounds pretty dang gross but we'll give it a try. Not for your birthday dinner though, I don't want to risk violating a perfectly good meal of homemade mac and cheese.

1 comment:

Becka said...

Oh man, I feel like I might owe the sibs an apology for all the rules they have. Thanks for the special birthday dinner, it was delicious and special. Mmmm.