A careless child tried to throw a hoodie over the half wall in my living room. The hoodie fell short, making a huge mess. It knocked a large houseplant over the edge and down the stairs (dirt everywhere). It also pushed a glass plaque over on the piano, the glass plaque pushed over all the pictures and decorations on the piano. Who was this careless child and what should I do to punish her? Of course it is me. I was folding laundry and came across a dirty hoodie, so rather than get up and carry it down the stairs, I tried to throw it from across the room. The sad part of raising me, is that I knew I couldn't throw it that far. As soon as it left my hands I knew I had made a big mistake. I griped and grumbled at myself while cleaning up my giant mess. I even tried to comfort myself to keep me from getting too sad. I kept saying things to myself like "it's ok, you needed to clean that plant up and take care of the dead leaves anyway". I don't really recommend throwing a plant down the stairs to remove its dead leaves. So, what should I do with myself? I'm thinking no dessert, and possibly grounded tomorrow. Since I have no backbone as a parent, I will probably give in, have 2 desserts and play all day tomorrow. This is why I never learn my lesson.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Raising MaryAnn
A careless child tried to throw a hoodie over the half wall in my living room. The hoodie fell short, making a huge mess. It knocked a large houseplant over the edge and down the stairs (dirt everywhere). It also pushed a glass plaque over on the piano, the glass plaque pushed over all the pictures and decorations on the piano. Who was this careless child and what should I do to punish her? Of course it is me. I was folding laundry and came across a dirty hoodie, so rather than get up and carry it down the stairs, I tried to throw it from across the room. The sad part of raising me, is that I knew I couldn't throw it that far. As soon as it left my hands I knew I had made a big mistake. I griped and grumbled at myself while cleaning up my giant mess. I even tried to comfort myself to keep me from getting too sad. I kept saying things to myself like "it's ok, you needed to clean that plant up and take care of the dead leaves anyway". I don't really recommend throwing a plant down the stairs to remove its dead leaves. So, what should I do with myself? I'm thinking no dessert, and possibly grounded tomorrow. Since I have no backbone as a parent, I will probably give in, have 2 desserts and play all day tomorrow. This is why I never learn my lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haha! You do suck at grounding.
How about we go play at Bath and Body Works?
And as I was reading I was thinking it was Scott, because he throws everything. You could have easily blamed it on Scott.
Plus, we wouldn't believe Scott, because he still won't admit that he pushed me into your car, which left me scraped up in the gutter. He's a liar, so if he denied it, we wouldn't believe him :) HEEHEE HAHA!
I personally love that you have moments of child-like bad decision making. It's one of the things that makes you such a good mom. Love you!
Also, I too thought that was going to be a story about Scott.
slacker
Post a Comment