Friday, January 8, 2010

Non-resolute resolutions

I already know I cannot change the nature of my inner beast. Any resolutions to try and do something every day, or try to be more organized, will quickly be broken. I am who I am, and that isn't really a bad thing most of the time. But I would like to take the turning of a new year as an opportunity to set some non-goals, really just a list of things I would like to accomplish during 2010:
1. Make my own yogurt. I know, this seems highly out of character for me. I won't even drink a glass of milk, so letting one get thick and sour might not make sense. Here's the deal, all yogurt has corn syrup and/or corn starch. I like yogurt and it is a good source of calcium, so I'm going to try making my own.
2. Knit a pair of socks. No real reason for this one, I just want to. I've knit probably 50 dishrags, I'm ready to move on to socks.
3. Run a 5k. I walked most of the Turkey Trot last year, and realized at the end that I probably could have run most of it without killing myself. So I'm going to train and run the next one.
4. Read 50 books. It was my resolution last year, and I think I did it, not sure because I lost track. I like the idea of it though, and I love to read.
5. Cook something from all the different countries on my DS personal trainer cooking. I can't afford to travel, so I'll tour the world through food.
6. Blog craftily
7. Write creatively
8. Learn to play the guitar
9. Sleep better (Not sure how I'm going to accomplish this)
10. Use a calendar. This is not a committment to be more organized, I didn't say how I would use a calendar, just that I would use one. It might be nice now and then to write something down so that I don't have to rely so heavily on those around me who are organized. I might just end up using the calendar as a coaster.

So there it is, 10 things to do in 2010. I might do them all, I might not, but I will certainly give it a shot.

2 comments:

Becka said...

I support all these resolutions. You can run 5K's with me (and maybe do the polar plunge over the weekend?). When you learn to make socks, I would like several pairs of thick wool socks.

Unknown said...

Those are great non-resolutions! You should have about 12 books covered by book group!