Thursday, December 31, 2009

Shopping Nirvana/Happy Birthday Lizzy


Nothing will deter us from going to Park City (shopping mecca) for Liz's Birthday. She repeated this over and over again as we braved a pretty wicked snow storm to drive up for our annual shopping spree. The nasty storm managed to bracket our trip, snowing heavily on the way up, letting up while we were there, then picking up again for the drive home. With the exception of the year Aaliyah was born, we have made this shopping trip every year since Liz was 17. We have gone shopping for her birthday every year since she was 15. Reason being she loves clothes but is waaaay too picky for us to buy anything for her. It is much easier to give her money and let her pick out her things. It's sort of a party for everyone involved, we all shop, we all buy fun stuff, it is fabulous! My camera is out of batteries so I can't show all the fabulosity that I came home with, but I did a good job picking out some really nice wardrobe pieces and saving a ton of money.
Happy Happy Birthday to Lizzy! I love you tons and hope your quarter of a century celebration was as great for you as it was for me. You are an amazing daughter and I am so proud to be your Mom!

No comments: