Thursday, June 12, 2008

whew!

I am such a silly thing, I keep thinking things will slow down despite the fact that they NEVER do. I did have a really fun day yesterday even though I was busy. Started with the usual walk/trip to the gym with Audrey. I went for my torture session with the physical therapist, as he is cramming his thumb into my ankle I flinch and he asks "oh, does that hurt?" um...ya, he deduced that I have tendonitis, I am pretty sure I have yourthumbinmyankleitis. So that was clearly not the highlight of my day. It did get better though, LM and I had decided if it wasn't raining we would go pick asparagus after my PT appointment. We met up and headed for the farm, it was soooo much fun-other than the fact that I am so clumsy I cut my finger just reaching for the first asparagus I was going to cut. We are going to go out next week and pick strawberries. We always have so much to talk about, which again surprises me since we talk several times a week and scrapbook together every Tuesday. After our farm adventure we went back to her house and had some of her super yummy tortilla soup...aaahhh. After an early lunch with her, I went to a late lunch with Audey, we had free salad coupons. Lizzy came over for a while and we had just a few quick minutes to visit. Last night we combined with the 8th ward for a musical presentation of the parable of the 10 virgins. It was wonderful, I am glad I am in the presidency because I might have decided I was too tired/busy/lazy, and stayed home. I really would have missed a wonderful evening. I bought a few pieces of coordinating fabric to make me a new purse, that is my task du jour.

2 comments:

LM said...

Glad you liked the soup, it is one of my favorites! Have you tried your asparagus yet, I think I will cook it this weekend, maybe on the grill...YUM!

Becka said...

I just don't think you're working hard enough in physical therapy. I bit more grunting and groaning and they might give you a good pain reliever. No surgery, problem solved.