Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope

Yes We Can!

What a glorious day this is! We have come from a racially divided country, to electing a black man as president. I cried. I know I'm old, but many of the changes we have made have come during my lifetime. I cried. I have so much hope for the future of this great nation. I feel like we can come together to solve some of the issues I feel threaten our future. I have hope, great hope. We can work to help those in our country who are least capable of helping themselves. We can work to make a cleaner healthier environment for our children and grandchildren. We can embrace diversity. I cried last night and I am crying now. Tears of joy, because I have hope.

2 comments:

Becka said...

Its hard for me to remember that you and dad have seen a lot of things that I haven't, because you don't seem that old to me. But its totally rad that the Civil Rights Act was only passed like 45 years ago and we as a country have moved this far. Awesome.

Lovely Lizzy said...

I have hope too. I do have fear too. Only because Bush has ruined my confidence in who I vote for. I fear that if things don't go well that in four years I'll be hearing why did you vote for that idiot. I hope not.
Go Barrack! Can't wait to see his cabinent, because I feel that makes all the difference.
I believe he is super smart and if he can do as well as he has in his campaigning he will do just fine.