So I probably shouldn't sit and blog about our new dog when I am still panting and out of breath from chasing him down the street. He should be named lightening, he can really book it. Max (short for Maximus) ran out of the gate as I was coming out to go to Liz's. I have gone out this same gate everyday for as long as we have had him and I thought he knew to stay. I guess my not yelling "STAY" gave him free reign to run out with me. We named him Maximus because it sounds so good when you yell it at him, but I was unamused with his melodic name as I hollered it while he ran. The glorious end to this story is that he ran back towards me finally, but when he saw how mad I was at him he dropped to the ground and rolled on his back. No amount of tugging and pulling would get him back on his feet. Seriously, he wouldn't budge. Liz came out and tried to help, I thought for a minute we were going to have to pick him up by his legs and carry him across the street. He did finally right himself but aargh! How do I get myself into these fixes? I really don't need a dog. He does have beautiful eyes, but I really don't need a dog. He is house trained, and doesn't bark much, but I really don't need a dog. Why would anyone call a dog man's best friend. I don't know about you, but my best friend doesn't run away from me at full speed while I am screaming out her name. My best friend has never...ever...licked me. My best friend can be left alone in my house without freaking out, and can be left alone in the yard without digging holes. I don't need a dog, and I have enough best friends.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Maximus
So I probably shouldn't sit and blog about our new dog when I am still panting and out of breath from chasing him down the street. He should be named lightening, he can really book it. Max (short for Maximus) ran out of the gate as I was coming out to go to Liz's. I have gone out this same gate everyday for as long as we have had him and I thought he knew to stay. I guess my not yelling "STAY" gave him free reign to run out with me. We named him Maximus because it sounds so good when you yell it at him, but I was unamused with his melodic name as I hollered it while he ran. The glorious end to this story is that he ran back towards me finally, but when he saw how mad I was at him he dropped to the ground and rolled on his back. No amount of tugging and pulling would get him back on his feet. Seriously, he wouldn't budge. Liz came out and tried to help, I thought for a minute we were going to have to pick him up by his legs and carry him across the street. He did finally right himself but aargh! How do I get myself into these fixes? I really don't need a dog. He does have beautiful eyes, but I really don't need a dog. He is house trained, and doesn't bark much, but I really don't need a dog. Why would anyone call a dog man's best friend. I don't know about you, but my best friend doesn't run away from me at full speed while I am screaming out her name. My best friend has never...ever...licked me. My best friend can be left alone in my house without freaking out, and can be left alone in the yard without digging holes. I don't need a dog, and I have enough best friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
MAXIMUS! Ah, you love him and you know it! He is such a sweet dog, at least when he is not running down the street!
we are no getting rid of maximus no matter what you say. I love him even if he runs down the street and no amount of anything will make me get rid of him because I am sick of getting rid of dogs just because we are too lazy to handle him.
Just so you're prepared, next time I see you I'm going to bark and run away, I think it'll be fun.
Becka...STAY! Alex, bet you feel different now that you have had the pleasure of chasing him down the street. LM, unless you mean tasty, he is not sweet...and he arrived at the top of my crap list when he ate my retainer...aargh! My best friend never, never, never, ever, ate my retainer!
Post a Comment