Sunday, August 30, 2009

Snarky


So, blogging when I am feeling Snarky probably isn't the bestest idea but I'll post now, regret later. I found out last week that the person who VOLUNTEERED to be PTA president-elect, isn't going to do it. She didn't say one word to me...all summer...after all the times I've left messages...I hear this second hand...when exactly is she going to call me? That put me in a pretty crappy mood because no one wants this sucky job, I'm the only one who ever says yes to it. I won't have a student at the elementary school next year, so maybe I'll just finish my year out and leave them hanging. Then, I finally found someone to be health and safety commissioner and I just got an email from her saying she has thought more about it and can't do it. I think we'll just do the things people are willing to do, and everything else just won't happen. I feel so much like quitting right now. Really, are all our kids going to start taking drugs because we don't have red ribbon week? Are they all going to get hit by cars because we don't have walk to school with your child day and then give them a doughnut?
I suppose I'm being a pessimist and only looking at the bad things and not all the people who are willing to help. Pessimism isn't in my nature, but I'm having a hard time seeing the bright side today. I have a PTA meeting tomorrow, we'll see how well I'm handling things by then. I tend to be a little on the "bite me" side of things when I'm feeling like this. Let's hope I am happier tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lovely Lizzy said...

Well that meeting ought to be a lot of fun.
I'm sorry about the drama. Before you got to the just leave them hanging thing, I was thinking exactly that. You can't be PTA president for like the 10th time there because we're all out of elementary, and thank goodness too, since you can't say no.
I like blogging for this reason though, you were able to put it out there and then maybe get over it.
Snarky and Prayer don't usually go together. I know that from first hand experience, but maybe later tonight the snarky will subside and prayer can step in, then scrapbook day, and then the meeting.
Those should all prep you well.

Unknown said...

MaryAnn, put me to work. (Not HUGE work, but big is okay. Let me help!) Monica =)

Andrew & Angel Bitter said...

I would be mad too when people quit and don't have a better excuse other than I can't when they said yes in the first place, I mean really you can't remember what is going on in your daily life? LOL! I am sorry, I think I would have that bite me attitude. Your rock MaryAnn! Love the Picture!