Thursday, August 27, 2009

A visit to Grandpa's house





My summer flew by so fast I haven't had time to take the family down to see my Dad until last Sunday. It's hard to find a time when we all can go. Neil was on call and Becka was at work, so the rest of us headed out. It also takes 3 cars to get us all there, but so worth the effort. I'm worried that my Dad is having trouble eating and apparently the Dr's have told him he is too old to fix the problem. It was a very nice visit though, and we hope to make it down one more time before they head south for the winter.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a good visit! Yes, I would love to join your book club!! I haven't read any of the Fablehaven books yet, so that sounds good to me! I haven't advertised my new blog yet because I want to get some more books put on it first, but if you want to check it out, it's kind of a book rating/recommendation site. It's called The Readathon and there's a link on the side of my family blog. (Like I said, it's not quite ready to go yet, but getting there.) The only downside to during the day is that I'll have my girls. I have a kid-friendly house though, if you need a meeting place.

Lovely Lizzy said...

You so need to make the pictures bigger on your blog. When you go to upload look in the lower right hand part of the screen that comes up to upload pictures.
It was super fun too. A little rough with babies, but I definitely want to go again before they head south.

LM said...

We need to plan a visit again soon too. It looks like you had a fun visit!

Andrew & Angel Bitter said...

It always nice to visit grandparents and I commend you for taking your whole family as often as you do. I wish that we did it more. I think that its been since the fourth of july since I have seen my grandma. Sad story I need to go see her. I just live so far, but that is no excuse. Your a great Mom!!

Karilyn said...

MaryAnn,

I would thoroughly enjoy being part of your book group, but I'm not able to make it during the daytime hours...

Also, about the PTA thing: there's only so much you can do, before you start feeling like you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. I remember one year when I was the treasurer, it was everything I could do just to restrain myself from popping a certain officer! Yeah, and the next year I told them there was no way... maybe you need to have a meeting and discuss this with the officers you already have?

Just a suggestion if you haven't gotten to that point yet. *grin*

oh, and snarky is good, occasionally! Reminds people you actually have feelings!

Thanks for posting the link to your blog on your FB page, otherwise I wouldn't have found it.. ha!

Karilyn said...

p.s.

quick question: what is your dad's problem with eating, may I ask? I can't believe doctors are saying he's too old to do anything about it... what a copout. (2 more years, I'll have my degree in Health Care Admin, so I am asking for a couple of reasons here)