Friday, June 26, 2009

Alex and Court learn to sew!




Alex and Courtney have both asked for sewing lessons from me. I was excited for them to finish their first projects. Courtney chose to make a tote bag and did a super job. She did all the stitching and turning, all I did was attach the buttons and flowers because the tote was already stitched and lined and it would be really hard to attach buttons without catching the lining.
Alex was a bit of a fashion designer. I was working on my quilt and she pulled out a piece of polka dot fabric and was telling me she thought she could just cut out and make a skirt without a pattern. I stopped what I was doing and helped her choose a pattern she liked and then she scrounged around and found some contrast fabric to make the ruffle. She also did all the sewing herself, including a narrow rolled hem.
I see talent!

3 comments:

Lovely Lizzy said...

Wow! I love that skirt! Tell her to make me one. (I mean it!)
That's great that they are in to sewing. I love it. And you have the perfect space for sewing.

LM said...

Glad that they are having fun! Bri loves to sit down and sew with me and has had fun making pajama shorts out of flannel. And...you can fit them into your sewing room...YEA!

Melanie said...

They did such a great job. Alex looked so nice on Sunday. You can never go wrong with black and white and polka dots!