My morning was pretty much a fail no matter how you look at it. I had too many things to do and too little time to do them in. I thought if everything went like clock work I could accomplish all I needed to and declare myself successful. Now I am declaring my morning a fail, on so many levels.
My brilliant plan involved making a tasty pot of 5-bean chili, taking some to book group and then having dinner all ready in advance. I took too long getting ready, but still thought I could get the chili on before visiting teaching and my council PTA meeting. It all started to go wrong from there, I couldn't find ANY of the ingredients for chili. I started texting Brian and was able to find most of the ingredients. Then, looking at the clock I decided to multitask and brush my teeth whilst looking for the seasoning packets. It could be called the epic multitask fail. I had a mouth full of toothpaste, lost my shoe while stepping over stuff, and non so gracefully tumbled to the ground (basement, cement floor, no padding between the industrial carpet and the floor). I laid there assessing whether or not anything was broken (jury's still out on that one) and unable to cry out for help due to the mouth full of toothpaste.
So to sum up, unseasoned pot of chili that won't be ready by noon, supposed to be visiting teaching right then, meeting that I have no paperwork ready for, book group that I have no potluck ready for, pathetic me. I burst into tears, mostly from insult, not injury. Scott gave me a hug and I walked out the door. Sadly, I had not been able to compose myself and boobed like a baby to Michelle (my VT companion) and through most of the first visit.
Visiting teaching was nice, I missed my meeting because I went to the wrong school (West Point, West Clinton...aargh), and brought popcorn chicken and tater babies to book group. Book group was great though, and we will be reading The Princess Bride for anyone who is interested in coming next month.
On the bright side, I didn't break my hip
Lame me, multitask fail...maneuver fail...fail fail.
1 comment:
Well, you were pleasant company at book group! Sorry about the rough morning. Good thing you have an adult son who even thought to give you a hug. Nice boy.
Post a Comment