As a family, we plowed through a dozen boxes of girl scout cookies in just a couple of days. They are so expensive and so bad for you, I don't know what we were thinking. They are full of trans fat, and who knows how many calories. I bought a couple more boxes of Samoas when I was grocery shopping on Saturday...lucky me, there were girl scouts outside Walmart selling them. I planned to hide them and nibble on them for weeks to come. Anyone who knows me knows I suck at hiding things, and they were discovered before I had a chance to even eat one. The two boxes were gone a few hours later. Scott found recipes online to make do-si-does and Samoas, they look like a lot of work, but considering how much we eat around here, probably worth the effort. I'll report after I've given them a try. Cry a tear for me and my lost cookies.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Girl Scout Cookies
As a family, we plowed through a dozen boxes of girl scout cookies in just a couple of days. They are so expensive and so bad for you, I don't know what we were thinking. They are full of trans fat, and who knows how many calories. I bought a couple more boxes of Samoas when I was grocery shopping on Saturday...lucky me, there were girl scouts outside Walmart selling them. I planned to hide them and nibble on them for weeks to come. Anyone who knows me knows I suck at hiding things, and they were discovered before I had a chance to even eat one. The two boxes were gone a few hours later. Scott found recipes online to make do-si-does and Samoas, they look like a lot of work, but considering how much we eat around here, probably worth the effort. I'll report after I've given them a try. Cry a tear for me and my lost cookies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
'Member how I made Samoa's for our Bear Lake vacation? They are challenging little cookies. In the end, Scott just liked the brownies that I put the leftover caramel coated toasted coconut into. Very tasty!
Good luck!
Verification word:Uncord
You guys suck. Girl Scout cookies are for sharing. That's all.
I agree with Becka, why didn't you try harder at hiding them so I had a chance at a cookie!
I've learned to stay away from Girl Scout cookies. The Samoas and Thin Mints just disappear too fast! I have to say it is very tempting when the girls have been at my store every day this week!
Post a Comment