Friday, March 6, 2009

Recipe for disaster


Best Brownies
1 c oil
2 t vanilla
1 c flour
1/2 CUP baking powder
2 c sugar
4 eggs
2/3 c unsweetened cocoa
1/2 t salt
Spread in greased 9x13 pan. bake 350/35 min

Okay, you may notice one glaring error in this recipe. Courtney wanted to make brownies a while ago and assured me she knew what she was doing. When she came in and asked where our 1/2 Tablespoon was, I was a little worried that she didn't know the difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon. She was adding the salt at the time, so I couldn't figure out how she added the 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder earlier in the recipe. She didn't volunteer that she had added 1/2 Cup. The Brownies had only been in the oven for a few minutes before our house started to fill with smoke. It took days to finally get rid of the stench. If I bought my baking powder in little cans instead of giant containers I doubt this would have happened. Oh well, it gives us something to tease her about

1 comment:

Becka said...

Awesome, I'm glad to finally see a picture of this. I just failed at making cookies from a package, so that picture makes me feel better.