
I just found out I'm allergic to corn. You know what has corn in it? EVERYTHING THAT TASTES GOOD! I am supposed to completely cut any corn or corn derivative food from my diet for 4 days and then eat lots on the 5th day. I haven't had a bite to eat yet today because literally everything has corn in it. It is making me very grouchy.
5 comments:
That is crazy! I can't even think what to tell you to go and eat...maybe some broccoli? I am curious what my tests would look like...what doctor did you go to?
Dr. Anderson...funny story, had a nice visit with JT while in the waiting room. I think if this solves my tummy trouble you should blaze a path to the Dr.'s office. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find stuff to eat. I ended up eating a can of tuna sprinkled with salt and pepper for lunch.
Pasta, rice, cheese, pitas, refried beans, favah beans, black beans, green beans, peas, deviled eggs, ice cream...there's plenty to eat. Just no soda, delicious Mexican food on corn tortillas, corn...I'm sad you're allergic, but still happy you don't have celiac disease.
That is a total bummer. Can you still eat chocolate?? =)
Most chocolate is sweetened with corn sugar, so I'm on the hunt for some I can eat. I also can't have mayonaise or salad dressing, ketsup, cheese, or ice cream. That sneaky corn finds its way into everything. I'll get over it, but I also can't lick envelopes.
Post a Comment