So here's my book report for February:
I read the second Spiderwick chronicle, and since it only took me a couple HOURS, I feel a little guilty counting it. I enjoy this particular series very much, but I feel like Scholastic is really trying to squeeze every cent they can out of these books, at least 3 of them could be combined into one book. They are seriously itty bitty. I love the artwork and the story is engaging.
I read Flush by Carl Hiaasen. I enjoyed this tree hugging book and it's "love the environment" message. It made me wish I had a little more time to devote to saving the planet. I also like that the environmental message is sweet and light, directed to all ages. A good read, and as an added bonus, while you read it, you get to look at a toilet seat on the cover.
I finished Shipwreck at the bottom of the world for the umpteenth time and loved it even more. Dare I compare it to the scriptures? You get a little more out of it every time you read it. The courage and determination of these 28 men is astonishing. I also must add that Shackelton is my hero!
I also read the 3rd book in a series of unfortunate events. I couldn't help but make the comparison of this book to Shipwreck. Just when you think things can't get worse, they do. I like the bleak but enduring message of this series, which is even though life may continually suck, if you have family, you have it all.
Still working on Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I don't know why it is taking me so long to finish, this is an excellent book that I am loving. I am pages away from finishing my first Judy Bloom book, Double Fudge. Since I believe in reading at least 3 books at a time, I'm reading a book another teacher gave me to read. Next week I'm going to start reading "Hoot" to one of my classes.
My eyeballs remained relatively unscarred this month as I read mostly young adult books, but this isn't a bad thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment